facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin

May 14, 2013

Tools that I use

  My workspace.


I often get questions about the tools or softwares that I use to make my illustrations.

Beside my old fashon sketchbooks and pencils, these are the tools and software that I use:

- Wacom Cintiq 12WX
- Wacom Intuos4
- Macbook Pro, 15 inches
- Adobe Photoshop CS5

I'm very happy with all of them, and think it's the combo that suits me best.
Since I travel a lot, a laptop and intuos4 is perfect as a portable studio.

I always use my Cintiq when I sketch and draw, it's priceless when you want to work with precision.

   
When finalizing my paintings, I often prefer my intuos4 though, I always check the painting on my computer monitor anyway, since I don't really trust the way my cintiq is calibrated(I'm not that good at calibrating stuff, haha).

So yeah, that's pretty much it!

Hope that it answered some of your questions :)

- Andrea

 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, really cool to see how you're drawing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack så mycket! Jättekul att du kikar in här också - välkommen! :D

      Delete
  2. your artwork is fantastic and inspiring... do you tutour at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so glad you like it :D I'm not sure if I'd be any good at tutoring. Never done it. I got some steps and timelapses of how I paint but that's pretty much it :)

      Delete
    2. You'd probably be great at it :) lol....

      I am looking for a course or something to take just to get me into the habit of drawing and painting again... have to put in the sweat equity I suppose....

      where do you have your time-lapses of how you paint? that would be fantastic to look at.

      Paul

      Delete
    3. Haha thanks for that. We'll see if I'll dare to tutori in the future ;)

      I'm taking a CGMA course quite soon, they seem to have some neat courses overall. Have a look here: http://www.cgma2dacademy.com/

      Also check the blog category "Youtube" to the left to see my timelapses :)

      Delete
  3. Do you have a specific setting you've calibrated your cintiq to? I have one as well and I'm not sure what to calibrate mine to. I usually use the default one and then check it on my computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. I tried to calibrate it on that little thingie thatt's wired to it. I have the same model at work and that one's just put on default settings. Both work ok for me, and I always check my computer screen too :)

      Delete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme