facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin

Jun 29, 2013

How to paint a wolf in 6 steps

wolf painting tutorial in photoshop
 "Did he just watch me poop?" Step by step. Adobe Photoshop CS5 + Cintiq 12WX



I promised on my fb page to post a higher resolution of this little step by step thingie.

Painted this wolfie a few months ago and as I went through my archive of paintings on my harddrive..
I realized that I've actually saved all the steps :D

So here you gooooooo!
Use it and abuse it haha.


How it was done:

1. Rough sketch/linedrawing
2. Blocked in a simple shape with the lasso tool + blocking in colours
3. I add ze light! On a separate layer.
4. I start fleshing everything out.
5. I turn off the light-layer and start refining "everything underneath"
6. More refining, trying to balance everything out. And it's done!

Hope you found it helpful and have a super awesome weekend! :)



Saw that I got some new followers, So a big welcome to you as well!



- Andrea




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. It's cool to see the process of shading. I'm more of a drawer and it helps to see work like this. I also love your wolf design he's very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you liked it :D

      Drawer - cool! Are you aiming towards traditional animation or rather character designing?

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Work Andrea, amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme