facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin

Sep 25, 2014

Underdog


 Ooops I did it again! I made some new art, then got me some faaaame, ooh baby baby (wtf..)

"Always be yourself, unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn" Photoshop CS5 


I posted some sketches of this ridonkulus donkey in a previous post, do you remember? Decided to colour one of them, and hopefully this will grow into some sort of a visdev thingie with a full blown bombastic story along with it. We'll see.

As I wrote in the project on Behance, this will probably become some sort of therapy for me since I've been dealing with self doubt from time to time. It happens to all of us and we all know that it's only in our heads. We KNOW THIS! So why are we still doing it?

Uploaded the project yesterday, then this awesome comment popped up in my feed:

"You'll be much more likely to do something if the story is a metaphor for your own life or beliefs. Maybe somebody made you feel like an "ass" years ago and you held a grudge. Maybe you sought to do this person harm, then instead forgave him when you realized how miserable his life was. The donkey's story could be a fantasized version of that, or whatever you've overcome in your own life. Stories are about growth."


Oh.


 "You have no idea how spot on you were", I replied.





- Andrea

 

4 comments:

  1. Extremely happy that you decided to start posting again! You make a lot of people happy with your art. Even thought we might be a tiny bit invisible. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so glad you appreciate my posts! :) Feels good to be back. Hoppas allt är bra med dig nuförtiden!

      Delete
  2. This picture is AMAZING. I get all stunned every time you post something new! The feeling in your pictures. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elin! <3 This really means a lot :D

      Delete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme